Rural Fylde Conservatives

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sorry for no updates!

I'm sorry I've not updated the site since the weekend. Monday night was Full Council where I spoke about the Every Child Matters agenda, highlighting that Fylde is again a head of the game amongst district councils with implementing this as priority to make sure that every child matters in the borough.

On Tuesday, after finishing work I drove to Coventry where I've spent the last two day conduct and audit with two others into the Trading Standard Department on the City Council. This has proved to be a valued experience in investigating another councils department and making sure that it was working well and providing a service to the people of Coventry. I also had the my opinion of Coventry smashed. It's not the concrete jungle I was lead to believe. It has many fine buildings, and a real sense of community. I have grown to like the city.

Dealing with Trading Standards for two days has lead me to understand the value that trading standard departments have on contributing to a better society. I will be contacting Lancashire County Councils trading standards department to see what there current priorities are and how these can be brought to effect in Wesham. I will also be asking them to attend a meeting of Fylde's Local Strategic Partnership as the work will contribute to the outcomes that have been set.

Talking about the County Council it is good to see that they have agreed to move the bus stop on the corner of Fleetwood Road and Mowbreck lane.

I believe that leaflets have / going out round Morland Avenue asking for residents support in getting New Fylde Housing to meet the Mayor, Councillor Dixon and myself to discuss a way forward over the open spaces. I'll keep you informed over this issue.

Following on from a residents comment the street lights on Wesham Hall Close have now been fixed. If your lights are out, drop me an e-mail and I'll get them sorted for you.

As always, comments, issues or questions to simon@wesham.com