Rural Fylde Conservatives

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Council Tax

Hello,

I'm just aware that I may not have explained the council tax issue so well when I've mentioned it is only going up by 15 pence per week. I think it is commonly thought that all the money you pay goes to Fylde Council, as it's us who bill you. In Wesham there are four authorities that ask for money.

I'm not sure of the exact amounts this year, as they've not been set yet. However, most (about 80%) goes to the County. Only about 12% goes to the Borough and on a band D next year it will be £160.00 or £16.00 a month. The Town Council precepts about £6.50 and the remainder goes to Lancashire Police Authority.

I hope this helps and if you need any further information, please call on 681 983 or e-mail on simon@wesham.com.