Rural Fylde Conservatives

Saturday, March 24, 2007

New Police Action

Hello,

In a recent newsletter I raised the issue of poor parking around the corner of Catherine Street and Weeton Road. I mentioned there may be a need for double yellow lines as a last resort. I'm happy to say that the police have responded positively to this and double yellow lines may now not be needed.

The local Inspector has assured me that his officers will be looking at bad and illegal parking in Wesham with some vigour. I take his words at face value and look forward to some action and an improvement of the service.

On a similar note I've asked for the Speed Indicator Devices to be placed in Wesham again for a couple of weeks, just to gentle remind people that Wesham is a 30 mph area.

Regards,

Simon

Simon@wesham.com 681983