Rural Fylde Conservatives

Monday, May 07, 2007

Thank you

Hello,

I'd like to thank everyone who has written or phoned with their congratulations, it has been overwhelming. In response to all the well wishers I'd like to say, that I'll not let you down and will continue to work over the next four years to deliver on the promises I've made for Wesham and those the Conservatives have made for Fylde.

I am following up the issues that people have raised on the door step and I'll report on those over the next few days.

However, some of the issues I've already addressed include:

  1. The Gardens at the Derby Road Offices are a mess and I am demanding the Primary Care Trust sort them out.
  2. I'm arranging an urgent meeting with the Council's Housing Manager to talk through the arrangements for the affordable housing that is currently being built.
  3. I've asked for clarification on the amount of money being given from the developers for play equipment and what the plans for it are as a matter of urgency.
  4. I'm asking trading standards to do some test purchases of underage sales of alcohol in Wesham.
  5. I'm getting the council to sort out the planted areas of Mowbreck Court
  6. I've asked the Cabinet Member, Tim Ashton to plan a strategy to tackle dog fouling across the borough.
  7. I've asked the police to look at the issues of Mini Motor Bikes being ridden around the Derby Road Area (including Wesham Hall Road).
  8. I've asked the County Director when the new roundabout is going to look presentable.

I'll let you all know when these issues get actioned.

Regards,


Simon.

simon@wesham.com 681983