Rural Fylde Conservatives

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Last Week

Hello,

It's been a busy week last week with lots happening.

On Monday I was quizzed and grilled by the Holiday Association of Lytham and St. Annes, who represent the hotels and guest houses. They have concerns about the way the council markets the borough as a tourist destination, amongst other issues like the opening times of the Tourist Centre, the Holiday Guide and the tourism budget. I hope I answered their points and left them knowing that the council and I am on their side. The Conservatives had a pledge at the elections to make Fylde and national and international tourist destination. We're working on how we turn that into reality.

On Tuesday the Town Council interviewed for two new councillors. I'm not sure if their names are public yet and it would be unfair to name them without knowing that all candidates have been informed. All I can say is that all 4 candidate were of a high calibre and it was difficult choosing.

On Wednesday I attended the Les Dawson Stature Appeal dinner at the Grand. This was a great occasion that saw many local celebrities, sporting personalities and local people coming together to raise money for something they feel is important. I am on the fund raising committee and I know there is a lot more entertainment to come.

I wish every one a happy club day today and hope the weather holds up as promised. I'll be going to the fun afternoon at the Community Centre with my family, so I hope to see some of you there.

Regards,

Simon.
Simon@wesham.com
681983