Rural Fylde Conservatives

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

First Fylde Beer Festival


Last weekend saw the first Fylde Beer Festival. It was a huge success enjoyed by all who went. On offer were 62 different real ales, ciders and perries. I attended to help launch the event in an official capacity and after work went in a personal capacity. I'm sure I did not manage to sample all 62, but I had a good stab at it.
Seriously though, it was a really successful event, bring people in to the Fylde from though out the country. The pubs in Lytham benefited during half time and afterwards and everyone had a good time.
In fact it was so successful, the beer ran out at tea time on Saturday.
We've already booked it in for next and hope to build on the success with 100 different beers. All I have left to say is abig thank you to the Fylde CAMRA team and to Alan Royston, the council officer who gave up his free time to help arrange the event.
Regards,
Simon
682582
simon@wesham.com