Rural Fylde Conservatives

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Life Saving?


I had reports of Vandals destroying the life ring at the Bowland Grange pond over Christmas. As this is vital equipment I rang the Council emergency number (FBC has shut down until 2nd Jan). The person on the other end was very understanding, but was unable to help as there were no instruction for this type of incident.


I don't think this is good enough and the Council should be in a position to restore life saving equipment, even at Christmas. Once the Chief Executive comes back from his Christmas break I'll be speaking to him.


In the meantime, the ring has been recovered from the floating in the pond and is now at rest on the banks. I'll ensure that it is fully restored, along with sorting out the slippery path and the collapsing retaining walls as soon as possible.


Regards,


Simon