Rural Fylde Conservatives

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Road Gritting Campaign

Hi,

This is an extract from an e-mail received today about my article in the Gazette over better gritting being needed in Rural Fylde.

"I was pleased to see that you are trying to get the County Council to grit the small roads in the area. The newspaper article neglected to say that I was the 5th motorist to skid and seriously damage my car on the same stretch of road between Weeton and Wesham on the morning of 20 December. I still cannot believe that I was not hurt but feel the County Council should make it a priority to grit that road when necessary before someone is fatally hurt. The man from Fylde Motors, who recovered my car, said that the road is notorious for black ice. If the Council cannot agree to grit the road at least warning signs should be put up. "

This campaign seems to have resonated with the public, it's just a pity our current County Councillor has kept quiet on this subject, like on every other subject I suppose. Any idea's who it is? Answers on a post card.

Regards,

Simon - simon@wesham.com 682582