Rural Fylde Conservatives

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Swimming Pool Meeting.

Last night I attended a meeting of all the town and parish councils in the Fylde. Wesham had a good attendance, with 5 of our 9 being present. It was of course telling that the people who called me for not attending a previous meeting, a meeting where nothing could be achieved, did not attend last night, a meeting where something was achieved. It was also telling that only 3 of Kirkham's 10 Town councillors turned up.

The aim of the meeting was to see if the parishes would help keep Kirkham baths open by by-passing the Governments capping limit and them charging the additional 25p a week that local residents seem to be willing to pay.

I'm not too sure if this is the right way. I have an idea that will keep the baths open and will give more stakeholders a say in the running of them. The first problem is getting the council to agree to keep them open on Monday evening. If I can do that and I sense there is a will to do so, then I'll present this plan.

So yet again, it's action from Simon while others are just mouthing of in the papers and at meetings where nothing can change.

Any comments please e-mail me at simon@wesham.com

And for the latest on Kirkham Baths please go to www.ruralfylde.co.uk

Regards,

Simon.